Show Your Support For Rockford Scanner!
This Labor Day, remember: Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over
Rockford Police Department stepping up traffic safety efforts
As families and friends plan their end-of-summer celebrations for Labor Day weekend,
the Rockford Police Department is partnering with the Illinois State Police and law enforcement across
the state to stop impaired driving and help save lives.
The high-visibility “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” enforcement campaign runs from Aug. 19 through the
early-morning hours of Sept. 6. During this period, law enforcement will be stepping up efforts focused
on impaired, unbuckled and distracted drivers.
Before the party starts, remember to designate a sober driver and don’t let friends or family members
drive impaired. Other important tips include:
If you’re hosting, make sure all your guests designate a sober driver in advance, or arrange ride-
sharing or another sober ride home. Also, serve lots of food and include non-alcoholic beverages
at the party.
If you do not have a designated driver, ask a sober friend for a ride home, call a cab/ride share, or
stay where you are and sleep it off until you are sober.
Don’t let friends leave your sight if you think they are about to drive impaired.
Always buckle up – it is your best defense in a crash.
The Labor Day “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign is made possible by federal highway safety
funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source probably wanted to remain anonymous.
If you want your name credited, let us know. Otherwise we are going to keep you anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- We can only provide you the information, that has been provided to us.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- Rockford Scanner is informative entertainment.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You agree that you are fully aware that our information is not confirmed and may have possible errors
and that it is for entertainment purposes only, informative entertainment purposes only.
- If there are any errors, you agree that you will contact us right away and provide us with the possible correction
Along with the source of your information. If we can not confirm your information, we will not be able to update it.
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.