Show Your Support For Rockford Scanner!
Update Per RPD:
Rockford Man Charged after Shooting Investigation and Stand-off
ROCKFORD, Ill. – On Tuesday, August 16, 2022, at approximately 1:25 p.m., Rockford Police
officers responded to the front yard of a residence in the 500 block of College Avenue for reports
of a gunshot victim. Upon arrival, officers located a 16-year-old male suffering from apparent
gunshot wounds. He was transported to a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries. While
at the scene on College, another gunshot victim was reported in a residence in the 400 block of S.
5th Street and at this time, officers determined that both incidents were related. Upon arrival,
officers located a 34-year-old female suffering from a non-life-threatening gunshot wound. She
was transported to a local hospital and treated for her injuries.
During this time, Rockford Police were able to identify the suspect as 33-year-old Geround
Brown, who was known to both victims. Officers were advised that Brown fled the scene on foot.
A short time later, he was located inside a residence in the 300 block of S. 4th Street. After an
almost five hour stand-off, Brown exited the residence. He was taken into custody without
incident and lodged in the County Jail.
After a review of the facts of the case, the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office authorized
the charges listed below.
Geround Brown, 33, Rockford
Aggravated Battery with a Firearm (2 counts)
Aggravated Domestic Battery (2 counts)
Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon (2 counts)
The charges are merely accusations and all individuals are considered innocent unless proven
guilty in a court of law.
If you have any information regarding this incident or others, please contact the Rockford Police
Department at 815-966-2900, on Facebook (@RockfordIllinoisPoliceDepartment) or on Twitter
(@RockfordPD). To submit an anonymous tip, text the word RPDTIP and your tip to 847411 or
get the Rockford PD App in the App Store or Google Play Store. You can also leave an anonymous
tip with Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
Barricaded adult male subject is now in custody. Further details will be provided when available.
As of 7:30 pm the situation is now over, no reports of any injuries, medical units were released from the scene.
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source probably wanted to remain anonymous.
If you want your name credited, let us know. Otherwise we are going to keep you anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- We can only provide you the information, that has been provided to us.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- Rockford Scanner is informative entertainment.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You agree that you are fully aware that our information is not confirmed and may have possible errors
and that it is for entertainment purposes only, informative entertainment purposes only.
- If there are any errors, you agree that you will contact us right away and provide us with the possible correction
Along with the source of your information. If we can not confirm your information, we will not be able to update it.
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.