Show Your Support For Rockford Scanner!
Rockford’s Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility Limiting Items
ROCKFORD, Ill. – Due to a fire at the Illinois EPA’s waste processing facility, certain items temporarily will not be accepted at the City’s Household Hazardous Waste collection facility. Effective immediately, and until further notice, Rockford’s Household Hazardous Waste facility can only accept the following items:
· automotive fluids
· flammables: gasoline, kerosene, oil, transmission fluid, anti-freeze (think of things in a garage)
· fluorescent bulbs, CFL bulbs
· paints and stains (oil-based only)
· peanut oil (cooking oils)
· over the counter pharmaceuticals and insulin (no sharps)
· solvents and strippers
· nickel-cadmium, lithium ion, nickel-metal hydride, and small lead acid batteries
· passenger vehicle tires (4 per day max)
Here is what we CANNOT accept temporarily:
· pesticides and fertilizers
· lawn chemicals
· aerosol cans
· asbestos materials
· household cleaners, drain openers and pool chemicals
· unknown hazardous substances
It is recommended that these items either be used appropriately or stored in a controlled environment until full collection operations have resumed. To inquire about a certain disposal item, please email us at Sanitation@Rockfordil.gov or call 779-348-7425. The Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Center is located at 3333 Kishwaukee Street and is open on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Sunday from noon to 4 p.m., excluding the holidays of New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Independence Day and Christmas
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source probably wanted to remain anonymous.
If you want your name credited, let us know. Otherwise we are going to keep you anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- We can only provide you the information, that has been provided to us.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- Rockford Scanner is informative entertainment.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You agree that you are fully aware that our information is not confirmed and may have possible errors
and that it is for entertainment purposes only, informative entertainment purposes only.
- If there are any errors, you agree that you will contact us right away and provide us with the possible correction
Along with the source of your information. If we can not confirm your information, we will not be able to update it.
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.