In the past there have been alligators that have been caught in the Rock River.
The last known case that was valid, was back in 2011.
A child found the alligator near a nearby boat landing in South Beloit, in 2011.
There is also a manmade structure, that resembles a “Rock-Ness monster” near the Auburn st bridge.
Pretty creative and some great craftsmanship went into the artwork.
If someone knows the history of this artwork, let me know!
Or is this just a large tree floating down the river?
A fan sent us this photo, and just said:
“Alligator in Rock River” and that was all that was said in the email.
Short and straight to the point.
Which makes us question the credibility of the photo,
But does not rule out the possibility of an alligator actually being in the Rock River.
And well, we all know you can not believe everything that is posted on the internet…….
The photo is small in size, so you can not make out a lot of details.
We do know from past experiences, when exotic animals are found in Winnebago County, officials like to downplay it.
And have told witnesses that it was “all in their head”
or they were “seeing things” or “it is just passing through the area”
There is not much details about this incident, other than a small blurry photo and an email that says: “Alligator in Rock River”
The photo does appear to have a local bridge in it, and what does appear to possibly be an alligator in the photo.
Officials have not released anything, to confirm or deny this alleged alligator sighting.
Everyone knows how dirty and dark the Rock River is.
And what scary creatures that might be swimming in it.
And we have all heard the legends of fish so big, that they would swallow a person whole.
And how firefighters were training with their scuba gear,
and saw a fish so big that the firefighter got so scared that he up and quit.
The famous legends of the Rock River… Are they true?
It is plausible that an alligator may be loose in the Rock River, based on past experiences.
The question is: Do you believe this photo is an alligator in the Rock River?
The next time you are on or along the Rock River,
You might want to think twice before getting in the river, or close to the shoreline.
Have you seen an alligator, or any other strange things in the Rock River?
Update: Our friends at Rockford Rocked, posted about this photo also
Be sure to bookmark our website
We post everything on our website first!
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source probably wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- We can only provide you the information, that has been provided to us.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- Rockford Scanner is informative entertainment.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.