Some recent approvals from the City of Rockford:
- Approved a new funding agreement with the Rockford Area Convention and Visitors Bureau to continue marketing Rockford as a tourism destination for people through the Midwest and the country.
- Approved a development agreement and lease with Think Big to create a small business incubator for minority and women owned businesses at 1311 N. Main Street.
- Approved a funding agreement for $134,080 for the African-American Resource Center at Booker for capital improvements.
- Approved a funding agreement for $50,000 for the Northwest Rockford Neighbors, Inc., to establish youth programing to help with crime reduction and violence prevention.
- Approved a funding agreement for $50,000 for Community Life Center to establish youth programing to help with crime reduction and violence prevention.
- Approved a seasonal liquor license for West Rock Wake Park.
- Approved renewal agreements for two Strong Houses in distressed neighborhoods. The houses put programs into neighborhoods that provide educational opportunities and activities, reduce childhood poverty and build hope for neighborhood families.
- Approved a $50,000 REGROW Grant to Comprehensive Community Solutions – Alpha Project for youth programming to include mentoring, educational support, fitness, life skills and community engagement. (REGROW grants are funded by the 3% local tax on cannabis sales.)
- Approved a $50,000 REGROW Grant to New Genres Art Space and Fairground Boys and Girls Club for a Digital Fairground, an afterschool program utilizing computer graphic design to bring accessibility to creative technologies for youth.
- Approved an amendment to our 2020 Comprehensive Plan to include the Auburn Street Corridor Study, which will bring much needed construction work to this west side corridor.
- Approved additional gunshot detection and license plate reader cameras – doubling the amount currently in our community. The combination of gunshot detection and license plate reader cameras will help officers locate vehicles leaving the area of alerts.
- Approved the acceptance of an Illinois Department of Human Services Homeless Prevention grant for $487,000. Eligible clients will receive a direct vendor payment for their landlord, electric and/or heating bill.
- Approved the acceptance of a $1.8 million grant from the Winnebago County Community Mental Health Board to continue funding the collaboration between the City of Rockford Police Department, Loves Park Police Department, Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office and Rosecrance. The collaboration provides a specially trained team to respond to 911 calls involving a mental health or substance use crisis, as well as follow-up services.
- Approved the acceptance of a $2 million grant from the Winnebago County Community Mental Health Board to fund the Mobile Integrated Health – Mental Health Program established by Rockford Fire. The program implements innovative dispatching technology, placing a nurse in the 911 Center and adding additional MIH-MHP teams to identify those in need of mental health crisis services.
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.