Scattered thunderstorms will develop this afternoon and continued into the evening hours. Some of the storms will likely become severe with locally damaging winds the primary severe threat.
Thunderstorms capable of producing torrential rainfall are expected to develop this afternoon and continue this evening across much of the region. A flood watch has been issued for the Chicago metro area and Rockford and vicinity due to greater flash flood risk because of Monday evening’s heavy rainfall.
Hot and humid today with heat indices above 100 degrees. Continued active weather with afternoon into evening showers and storms through Thursday. A chance of showers Friday with slightly cooler temperatures. No precipitation is presently forecasted for this weekend.
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON CDT TODAY TO 8 PM CDT THIS EVENING... * WHAT...Peak afternoon heat index values 105 to 110 degrees expected. * WHERE...Portions of northwest Indiana and central, east central, north central and northeast Illinois. * WHEN...From noon CDT to 8 PM CDT Tuesday. * IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat illnesses to occur. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances. Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.
...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM CDT THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE TONIGHT... * WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible. * WHERE...Portions of Illinois and northwest Indiana, including the following areas, in Illinois, Boone, Central Cook, DuPage, Eastern Will, Kane, Lake IL, McHenry, Northern Cook, Northern Will, Southern Cook, Southern Will and Winnebago. In northwest Indiana, Lake IN and Porter. * WHEN...From 2 PM CDT this afternoon through late tonight. * IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS... - Thunderstorms are likely to develop this afternoon into this evening. The more intense storms could produce extremely heavy rainfall, which could result in isolated rainfall totals in excess of 3 inches in less than 2 hours. - http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Flood Watch means flooding is possible, but not yet certain, based upon the latest forecasts. Persons with interests along area rivers, creeks, and other waterways should monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take action should flooding develop. Expect flooding of creeks, ditches, canals, and storm sewers, as well roadways, underpasses, and other poor drainage areas.
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.