LEAVE THE FIREWORKS TO THE PROFESSIONALS:
Thousands of people, most often children and teens, are injured while using consumer fireworks in the U.S. Fireworks are dangerous and can cause devastating burns, injuries, fires and even death. Most fireworks, including bottle rockets, firecrackers, sky rockets and roman candles, are also illegal in Illinois. Sky Lanterns or paper lanterns that contain a small candle or fuel cell that heats the air in the lantern causing it to rise are also illegal.
Individuals involved in illegal fireworks activities will be investigated and issued the appropriate citations.
If you know an address where illegal fireworks are set off, you can report that address to Rockford Fire at 815-966-2900.
City staff will stop at the residence and provide follow-up fireworks education and possibly issue citations.
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.