On Tuesday, June 21, 2022, at approximately 9:53
p.m., Rockford Police officers responded to a local hospital for a walk-in shooting victim. Upon
arrival, officers were advised that a 16-year-old male had sustained a non-life-threatening
gunshot wound to his leg.
He was accompanied by a 15-year-old male that was found to be in
possession of a loaded handgun.
The gun was recovered, he was taken into custody, and lodged
in the Juvenile Detention Center.
Officers also learned that a third individual, with a possible
gunshot wound, assisted with getting the juvenile shooting victim into the hospital, but left on
A short time later, officers responded to the 1400 block of 5th Avenue for a report of a gunshot
victim. The victim, a 20-year-old man, was transported to a local hospital for a non-life-
threatening gunshot wound to his foot, was uncooperative with officers, and subsequently left
He later arrived at another hospital, but fled again when officers attempted to
speak with him.
The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office reviewed the facts of the case and authorized
the charges listed below.
Juvenile Male, 15, Rockford
Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon
Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Gang Member
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.