Rockford Police Department begins Fourth of July safety campaign
ROCKFORD, IL — Rockford Police Department announced plans for stepped-up July Fourth traffic
enforcement with a focus on impaired and unbuckled drivers. The safety campaign will run from June
16th through the early-morning hours of July 5th to encompass three summer weekends leading up to
and after Independence Day.
“Rockford Police officers will be working around the clock to keep impaired drivers off the road and
enforce all other traffic laws,” says Traffic Sergeant Jason DoBran.
The Rockford Police Department will join the Illinois State Police and more than 200 local police and
sheriff’s departments for the increased statewide enforcement effort.
Use these tips to help ensure a happy and safe holiday:
• Designate a sober driver and give them your keys before you go out.
• Don’t let friends or family members drive under the influence.
• If you are drunk or impaired by marijuana or other drugs, call a taxi, take RMTD, use
your favorite ride-sharing app, or call a sober friend or family member to get you home
• Promptly report drunk drivers to law enforcement by pulling over and dialing 911.
• Make sure everyone in your vehicle wears their seat belt. It’s not only the law, but also
your best defense against an impaired driver.
The “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over,” “Drive High Get a DUI” and “Click It or Ticket” programs are made
possible by federal highway safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation. The
enforcement period runs concurrently with IDOT’s media campaign, reminding motorists that “It’s Not a
Game” to drive impaired.
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.