GRANTS FOR THE CORONADO:
As the owner of the Coronado Performing Arts Center, the City recently applied for and was awarded two grants to help with preserving and repairing the theater, specifically the 95-year-old facade.
Last week, Governor JB Pritzker announced more than $700,000 of funding from the Rebuild Illinois funding program, with another $200,000 in state funds secured by Sen. Steve Stadelman.
In addition, the City also received $500,000 from the Tourism Attractions and Festival Grant Program for additional enhancements to the theater.
“The Coronado is truly a gem in our community,” says Mayor McNamara. “It is beloved by not only Rockfordians but also visitors from across the region who attend concerts, shows and events at the magnificent facility. Keeping the theater in the best condition possible will ensure that people can enjoy it for decades to come.”
If you have any information:
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.