UPDATE: Police may know the suspects identity.
The Belvidere Police Department needs the publics help
in identifying a suspect of an alleged Attempted Armed Robbery.
On Saturday, June 4, 2022 approximately 8:50 p.m. the Belvidere Police Department received a report of an attempted Armed Robbery that took place in the parking lot of Fiesta Market, 400 West Chrysler Drive, Belvidere, Illinois 61008.
An online transaction brought the subjects to the Belvidere area and when the merchandise was presented the suspect displayed a “black pistol” and attempted to steal the merchandise.
The merchandise was recovered and the suspect fled on foot westbound towards the 700 block of West Chrysler Drive.
The suspect is described as a B/M wearing a do-rag, gray hoodie, blue sweatpants and red shoes.
If anyone recognizes the suspect in the security photos please contact Detective Sergeant Dan Smaha at 815-547-5536.
If you have any information:
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.