From our good friends at NPFD:
This morning (June 5th) at approximately 520 am, North Park Fire was dispatched for a structure fire in the 200 block of Wilson Ave. in Machesney Park. Our engine arrived at 525 am and found smoke showing from the rear corner of the home.
North Park personnel immediately started an aggressive interior attack on a bedroom fire on the lower level of the home, while our ambulance crew conducted a primary search of the home. While all human occupants had escaped, a dog was located and removed during this search which unfortunately did not survive.
Loves Park Fire responded and assisted with water supply and extinguishment. Harlem Roscoe, Cherry Valley and Northwest Fire as well as Lifeline Ambulance were also on scene to assist. Boone 2, New Milford and Metro ambulance stood by to insure additional calls for service were answered. Special thanks to other responding agencies that were returned without being needed or assisted on scene (Winnebago Sheriff, Rockford Fire, Win Bur Sew Fire).
The fire was contained to the bedroom of origin, however there is smoke and heat damage throughout the home.
The American Red Cross is assisting the occupants at this time.
If you have any information:
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.