A 46-year-old Beloit man is in custody after driving a U-Haul erratically throughout Rock County, Town of Beloit, and City of Beloit this morning.
This started as a report of an erratic U-Haul at 10:22 a.m. today driving near Highways 11 and 51.
The Town of Beloit initiated a traffic stop when the U-Haul fled into the City of Beloit.
The pursuit ended when the vehicle crashed near Henry Avenue and Tremont Drive.
The driver attempted to flee on foot but was apprehended by the use of a Rock County Sheriff’s Office K-9.
The driver, Johnny A. Curtis-Smith, received treatment at a local hospital and was transported to the Rock County Jail. He faces a possession of drug paraphernalia charge in the City of Beloit.
Additional arrests for felonies were made by the Rock County Sheriff’s Office and Town of Beloit.
Thank you also to the Wisconsin State Patrol and South Beloit Police Department for your assistance.
A passenger in the vehicle also was transported to the hospital and was arrested.
All School District of Beloit buildings were placed on lockdown during this situation out of an abundance of caution due to the erratic behavior of the driver.
If you have any information:
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.