Rockford Police Department have released the following information
on a recent stolen vehicle/chase/bb gun incident
On Saturday, May 29, 2022, at approximately 6:30 p.m.,
Rockford Police SCOPE officers located an unoccupied vehicle, reported stolen out of Rockford, in
an alley in the 1700 block of Chestnut Street. A short time later, officers observed a male subject
enter the vehicle and drive off. When officers attempted to stop the vehicle, it fled, but was
disabled and stopped in the intersection of Delaware and Cambridge Streets. The driver, later
identified as Jason Wilson, and the passenger, a 16-year-old male, were taken into custody
During the investigation, officers located and recovered two loaded BB guns
from inside the vehicle.
Wilson was lodged in the County Jail and the juvenile was released to his parent.
After a review of the facts of the case, the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office authorized
the charges listed below.
Jason Wilson, 19, Rockford Aggravated Fleeing to Elude
Possession of a Stolen Vehicle
Revoked Driver’s License
If you have any information:
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.