The City of Rockford would like to remind residents not to dispose of lawn clippings
in streets, detention basins, rivers, creeks, drainageways or ditches. Not only is this a violation of
City codes but it causes nuisance flooding and downstream pollution.
Property owners are also responsible to make sure storm inlets adjacent to their property are free of
leaves and other debris that may cause blockages.
As part of their garbage collection services residents can dispose of yard waste on their regular
garbage pick-up day from typically the beginning of April to the end of November, provided they
are properly containerized and placed at the curb.
Proper containers are 30-40 gallon biodegradable 2-ply paper bag
or a standard garbage cans of 32 gallons or less marked with a bold “X”
on the side of the can facing the street.
There is a 50 pound maximum weight limit for all approved containers.
Branches and limbs less than 4 inches in diameter may be bundled with string or twine and placed
for pick-up as long as they don’t exceed four feet in length, two feet in diameter and 50 pounds by
Yard waste cannot be mixed with regular garbage. Lawn clippings can also be composted or
mulched and provide valuable nutrients to lawns and flower beds. Burning of lawn clippings and
other landscaping waste is illegal in the City of Rockford.
If you have any information:
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.