RS Source asked if we could share the following and bring awareness:
Time and time again the nurses of Mercyhealth as well as members of the community have stood in direct opposition of Javon’s mishaps and shortcomings when it comes to providing access to healthcare in Rockford. In order to further fight Javon, the nurses at Mercyhealth have boldly decided to move forward in forming a union so that our voices, that were STRIPPED from us, can finally be heard. By forming a union we can guarantee that something as simple as life saving medication and supplies can ALWAYS be stocked in our level 1 trauma center. Under Javon’s reign patient care and patient safety has taken a backseat. It’s time for patients to be more important than his profits.
There have been 3 nursing staff members that have been illegally terminated in accordance with the National Labor Relations Act for working to form a union with our co-workers at Mercyhealth.
We are fighting for access to life saving supplies and equipment for our patients, safe staffing, and stopping Javon’s further disinvestment in our community.
The community needs to be made aware that because of Javon’s deceit, resources have been stripped from the Rockton Ave campus, making it impossible for the staff to adequately provide care for their patients. This “standby” ER is functioning with less resources and capabilities than an immediate care. This further highlights the healthcare disparities on the west side of Rockford.
We ask that the community stand in solidarity with us, while we continue to bring to light what is going on at both Rockton and Riverside campuses, as well as supporting our union organizing efforts.
Illinois Nurses Association Flyer which includes a “Know Your Rights”
RS Note: Rockford Memorial/Mercyhealth has not responded to us.
If you have any information:
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.