If you have any information:
Rockford Fire Department:
The Rockford Fire Department responded to a fire in a high-rise residential building. The first arriving
fire engines found smoke and a small fire on the 4th floor of this highly occupied residential board and
care facility. The building had an installed fire sprinkler system which activated and provided initial fire
control. The building alarm system alerted residents to the fire and they responded in several was
including exiting the building and protecting in place in their apartments and areas of rescue assistance.
Fire crews paid special attention to occupants as many had mobility issues. The fire was quickly under
control and the fire sprinkler system was shut down to minimize water flowing in the burned area. No
occupants were displaced as a result of this fire and the building remains open. No injuries were
Where: 2114 Kishwaukee St/Grand Regency Supportive Living Center
When: 6:05 pm
Brief synopsis of what may have happened:
At approximately 6:05 this evening emergency personnel were called to a possible high rise structure fire at 2114 Kishwaukee Street, now known as the Grand Regency Supportive Living Center, a senior citizen assisted living center in Rockford.
Alarms were reported to be going off as people were trying to evacuate the senior residents from the building.
Upon arrival, no smoke or flames were visible from outside the building, but black smoke was reported to be seen inside the 4th floor.
The fire was reported to be a small fire that was contained and is now under control and/or completely out.
The building is currently being ventilated.
No injuries reported at this time, we will update if that changes.
If you have any information:
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.