If you have any information:
Updated information from RPD.
tip411 Anonymous Tip Reporting and Alerts
ALWAYS call 911 for immediate threats to safety and property.
The Rockford Police Department is pleased to announce the implementation of a cell phone and web-based application which will allow citizens to report tips to us. Our ability to solve crimes, and create a safer city has a lot to do with the involvement of its citizens.
The Rockford Police Department is embracing new technologies which will allow us to open up a two-way line of communication that will enable citizens to anonymously provide us with information that will assist us in the solving of crimes and create a safer community. You can even attach photographs and videos after you submit an initial tip!
When you submit a tip via any of the three options listed below, it is sent to a 3rd party tip service, which acts as a privacy buffer between you and the Rockford Police Department in order to protect your identity and your contact information. If you have a tip for the Rockford Police Department, you can utilize any of the three options listed below to help provide vital information on crimes, criminals, or those engaging in illicit or criminal activity which will assist us in keeping the City of Rockford safe for everyone.
This service is being provided to the public for non-emergency use, tips may not be received by us until the following day.
This service is not meant to substitute for a call to request police in an emergency.
In the event of an emergency, you should always contact 9-1-1.
OPTION 1 – SUBMIT A TIP VIA TEXT MESSAGE
To send an anonymous tip via text message to the Rockford Police Department, text the keyword RPDTIP (space) and your tip to 847411.
When the text message is sent to the Rockford Police Department the tipster’s cellular phone number is completely anonymous and is never received by the Rockford Police Department.
OPTION 2 – DOWNLOAD THE ROCKFORD PD APP
In addition to submitting tips, tip411 assists the Rockford Police Department in communicating with community members on important public safety matters by sending public safety alerts. Community members can sign up for all Rockford Police Department alerts or customize their alerts. Types of alerts may be public safety messages, re-routing traffic due to an accident, or other public safety matters.
Link to ROCKFORD PD App on iPhone
Link to ROCKFORD PD App on Android
OPTION 3 – FILL OUT THE AT FORM
If you have any information:
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.