If you have any information:
Suspect In The Standoff Shoots A Person, Then Runs Right Past The Rockford SWAT Team,
Then Leads Them On A Chase….
Boone County Police & Illinois State Police Stop The Suspect
UPDATE from RPD, posted towards the bottom
RS Note: Rockford PD fails to mention how they were at the same house earlier in the day and had a standoff with the same subject, during the morning. Then left. Then later in the day, this happened… A standoff with the subject for a 2nd time, and shooting.
As of 10:30 pm: This is what we know.
- Earlier today police were investigating a shots fired incident near this same location.
- Police have a house surrounded in the 2400 block of Eggleston ct.
- SWAT team are using their loud speaker, to try to talk to the subject.
- RPD are investigating a standoff on Eggleston ct, and a shooting victim scene near Alpine and Florida.
- Sources told us the 2 scenes are possibly connected, But RPD has not confirmed this.
- RPD has only released the following information on the incident:
The westbound lanes of Harrison at Forest View are now shut down. Please find an alternate route
- And also this: Barricaded subject in the area of Eggleston Court & Harrison Avenue. Please avoid the area.
- RPD have not released any information on the shooting victim incident
Around 4 am the suspect fled out of the residence, and into a Silver Ford Focus.
So now this has become a high speed police chase.
As of 4:15 am, sources told us the suspect was fleeing Eastbound, into Boone County.
Stop sticks were deployed, and has disabled the vehicle.
All wheels are reported to be flat, Southbound on Appleton near I-90 in Belvidere.
UPDATE 4:28 am:
The police pitted the vehicle, and put the suspect into the ditch near Stone Quarry and Bates in Boone County
Numerous police and SWAT officers have surrounded the vehicle.
Police are trying to negotiate with the suspect, that is refusing to leave the vehicle.
UPDATE: 4:38 am:
Suspect acted as if he was going to surrender and exited the vehicle, and then decided to flee southbound on foot.
UPDATE: 4:42 am:
In custody, after a taser was deployed.
Still developing… AVOID THE AREA
On Wednesday, March 30, 2022, at approximately 5:55 p.m., Rockford Police
responded to reports of a shooting victim in the 2400 block of Eggleston Court. Upon arrival,
officers located a 19-year-old male victim who advised that he had been struck while driving in
that area. He sustained non-life-threatening injuries to his legs.
While en route to this scene, officers received a call regarding a male subject shooting a gun from
his front door. The male suspect, later identified as 26-year-old Corterryis Ford, went back inside
the residence and was the sole occupant of the house.
As the evening went on, officers heard
other gunshots come from inside the house and one of the rounds struck the Rockford Police
Department’s armored vehicle.
At approximately 4:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 31, 2022, Ford
ran from the residence and fled the scene in his vehicle towards Belvidere. Rockford Police and
assisting agencies pursued the vehicle and deployed stop sticks to assist with disabling the
The vehicle stopped in the 3800 block of Stone Quarry Road and Ford exited the vehicle
and ran into a field. Officers pursued Ford on foot and as they caught up with him, a Taser was
deployed. He was taken into custody, but continued to struggle with officers and medical
personnel. He was transported to a local hospital.
After a review of the facts of the case, the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office authorized
the charges listed below.
Corterryis Ford, 26, Rockford Aggravated Battery
Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm
Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon
No Valid FOID
As with any and all investigations, further information may be provided at a later date.
If you have any information:
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.