If you have any information:
Committee Passes New Workforce Development Program
ROCKFORD, Ill. – Tonight, the Planning and Development Committee passed a Workforce Development Agreement with LT Construction, a local minority-owned concrete construction contractor. Under this agreement, LT Construction will provide mentorship, experience and workforce development skills to young adults that represent at-risk and underserved populations of our community through a summer internship.
“Part of our crime reduction strategy is to develop initiatives that interrupt the cycle of violence. This collaboration builds equity and opportunity for our young people by providing them with opportunities to develop practical work skills and experience,” says Mayor McNamara. “This new construction program will provide a career pathway for members of historically underrepresented community and open many doors of opportunity for these young people, including jobs in the trades.”
LT Construction will provide an estimated total of 4,800 hours of workforce development skills and on-the-job experience to five City-hired interns through coordinating the improvement of up to 4,500 lineal feet of sidewalk in our community.
The agreement will go to City Council for approval next week.
The City began a similar program last year to promote community engagement by providing youth and adults the opportunity to generate work experience and team-building skills, while also completing an essential preventative maintenance function for the Water Division of the Public Works Department. That program is expected to continue this summer
If you have any information:
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.