Illinois State Water Survey to analyze flood risks
Illinois State Water Survey (ISWS) hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
in Boone, DeKalb, Ogle and Winnebago Counties, Illinois, is underway as part of a
study to help local communities identify areas of high flood risk for flood mitigation
ISWS is working collaboratively on the project with the Illinois Department of
Natural Resources-Office of Water Resources (IDNR-OWR) and the Federal
Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
The first phase of the project, data collection, began in late January
2022 and is expected to be completed in summer 2022.
In this phase, surveyors will conduct detailed channel and bridge surveys of the river, including, in or near the cities of Rockford
(Winnebago County) and Belvidere (Boone County), and Villages of Cherry Valley
(Boone and Winnebago Counties), Davis Junction (Ogle County) and Kirkland
Field Survey activities will primarily be focused on Bull Creek, Killbuck Creek,
Kishwaukee Tributary A, Kishwaukee Tributary A Stormwater Diversion, Madigan
Creek, Manning Creek and South Branch Kishwaukee River. Surveyors from the
Illinois Department of Natural Resources are scheduled to begin work on Madigan
Creek in Rockford this week and could last several weeks.
Residents should be aware of the periodic presence of survey crews in the area.
Surveys will be completed as stream conditions and weather allow.
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.