Thank you South Beloit PD for the transparency
South Beloit PD released the following info:
On Friday, February 25, 2022 at approximately 4:00 pm, officers from the South Beloit Police Department were dispatched to the 300 block of Charles St. after a citizen reported what they believed to be suspicious activity. Officers arrived in the area and observed three occupied vehicles parked on the roadway.
Upon seeing the officers, two of the vehicles left the area, one of which left at a high rate of speed. This vehicle lost control on the slippery roads and slid off the roadway where it became disabled in a ditch. Two subjects exited the vehicle and one fled on foot.
While fleeing, the subject discarded several bags of suspected crack cocaine, over 60 pills of hydrocodone, cannabis, and a large amount of United States currency. The subject was taken into custody and identified as 32-year-old Martel Earl of Beloit, WI.
The case was reviewed by the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office and Martel Earl was subsequently charged with Possession with Intent to Distribute a Controlled Substance, Possession with Intent to Distribute Hydrocodone, Possession with Intent to Distribute Cannabis, and Resisting/Obstructing an Officer.
Martel Earl was lodged in the Winnebago County Jail where he is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Thank you to our citizens for making us aware of the situation! And thank you to the other law enforcement agencies that assisted with this incident to include the Loves Park Police Department, the Rockton Police Department and the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.