We want to take a second and thank RPD Chief Redd
for taking the time and responding:
We asked Chief Redd a few questions about Rockford PD
Her responses are posted after the questions:
- How do you plan on making RPD more transparent? I believe we are pretty transparent at this time. In addition, RPD is looking forward to working with and providing training to those who will be appointed to the Civilian Oversight Board.
- How do you plan on having the community TRUST RPD? (Regards to encryption, and not releasing info) Radio encryption was done to protect sensitive information that is typically disseminated over the radio and for officer safety reasons.
We filed Freedom Of Information Act Requests in regards to some of this, and they have NO RECORDS
From the Rockford PD: “This information is not tracked, no such records exists.”
- How do you feel about all the crime in Rockford? I addressed the crime in Rockford at the recent press conference held on 2/15/2022. Our violent crime numbers for 2021 was up 6% compared to 2020. RPD is constantly working on reducing the violent crime. In addition, the men and women of the department have done an exceptional job by increasing our gun recoveries by 54% (281 for 2020 and 433 for 2021). Although we had a 33% decrease in homicides, I would like to see the decline increase even more.
- How can you as the chief, make Rockford PD a better department? My focus is not just RPD but the city as a whole. It is a constant focus to provide better training to our officers.
If you have any tips, call the Rockford PD
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- I edited some questions, and did not add all the questions/answers into the article
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.