Snow spreads across the area this afternoon providing slowed and in places hazardous travel during the evening commute. The snow will be heavy at times south of I-80 not long after onset. Snow will then likely mix with or change to freezing drizzle south of I-80 this evening. Snow ends north of I-80 overnight with the exception being near Lake Michigan where snow may continue through Friday morning.
Plan ahead for a longer commute late today into this evening, and possibly early Friday morning as well!
4 Day Forecast: Flurries persist this AM with steady snow expected later this afternoon through tonight, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle south of I-80 in the evening. Lake effect snow then lingers into Friday AM. Quiet weather is then in store for the weekend along with a warming trend into the first week of March!
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.