VEHICULAR HIJACKING: On Friday, February 4, 2022, at approximately 9:10 p.m., Rockford Police
officers responded to the 2300 block of Overdene for a report of a vehicular hijacking.
Officers learned that an adult male was warming up his car when two unknown subjects approached him
from behind, threw him to the ground, and fled in his car.
A short time later, officers located the vehicle in the 2500 block of Halsted.
The driver fled into a building and was taken into custody.
Officers also took the passenger into custody.
During the investigation, the facts of the case were reviewed by the Winnebago County State’s
Attorney’s Office who authorized the charges listed below.
Darius King, 18, Rockford
Criminal Trespass to Vehicle
Juvenile Male, 16, Rockford
Possession of a Stolen Vehicle
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
The map ID you have entered does not exist. Please enter a map ID that exists.
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.