On January 24, 2022, beginning at 3 p.m. and continuing until 3 p.m. the following day, the City of Rockford Health & Human Services staff, in partnership with the Northern Illinois Homeless Coalition, Park District Police, Rockford Police Department, and Rockford Fire Department, will participate in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Annual Point in Time (PIT) Count of the Homeless. The PIT will cover both sheltered and unsheltered homeless within Boone, Winnebago, and DeKalb Counties. Volunteers will visit drop in centers, emergency rooms, parks, abandoned buildings and other locations where homeless citizens frequent to complete a survey and collect important data to determine the estimated number of people currently experiencing literal homelessness. Along with collecting data, agency volunteers will also work to engage the homeless and begin the process of working with them toward permanent housing options.
The Point in Time Count is required by HUD and must be completed within the last 10 days of January across the country. The information from the count is used to inform local and national policy through the Annual Homeless Assessment Report. Precautions will be taken this year to ensure safety of volunteers and homeless persons in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
See a scene,
Snap a photo or video of the scene,
Send it to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
CLICK HERE TO Show Your Support
Or you can scan this QR code with your cell phone camera!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- DO NOT go to a scene. Avoid the area.
- Do NOT post the names of those involved in the comments.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.