Brief synopsis of what may have happened from Rockford Scanner sources:
- Approx. Time: 4:15 pm
- Approx. Location: 7500 block of S Bell School Rd
- Type of the possible call: Fleeing to elude after accident
What possibly may have happened, according to sources:
Sources are reporting a person suspected in leaving the scene of a accident and then fleeing to elude police was caught after a brief foot chase this afternoon in Winnebago County.
At approximately 4:15 this afternoon a dark grey Chevy Impala traveling on US 20 towards I-39 reportedly ran into a guardrail and with heavy damage and a tire blown on the vehicle it proceeded to keep traveling and turn off towards the Cherry Valley area with Illinois State Police following behind them.
The driver of vehicle then decided to try and flee with a blown tire, after realizing that wasn’t going to work, the driver then reportedly ditched the Impala and proceeded to flee on foot with a state police trooper in pursuit on foot as well.
The male suspect was apprehended after a brief foot chase in the 7500 block of S Bell School Road and taken into custody.
After being taken into custody, the male suspect then asked for medical attention because he said he was having a asthma attack.
He was not transported to the hospital, he’s headed to jail instead.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Due to police encryption and the lack of transparency, we can not confirm any information that is posted.
If officials do release information, and we become aware of it. We will try to update the posts.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below and agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.