Thank you RPD for the transparency.
RPD released the following information:
Warrants Issued After Shooting Investigation of Child
ROCKFORD, IL – On Wednesday, December 29, 2021, at approximately 5:25 p.m., Rockford Police
officers responded to a residence in the 3300 block of Searles Avenue for a shooting
investigation. Upon arrival, officers located a 3-year-old boy who was suffering from an apparent
life-threatening gunshot wound. He was transported by the officers to the closest hospital.
Earlier this morning, he succumbed to his injuries.
The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office reviewed the facts of the case and warrants
were issued for:
19-year-old London Banks and 18-year-old Coreyeon Young.
As of the time of this release, London Banks is in custody.
London Banks, 19, Rockford Possession of a Firearm
No Valid FOID
Coreyeon Young, 18, Rockford Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon
If you have any information regarding these incidents or the whereabouts of Young, please
contact the Rockford Police Department at 815-966-2900, on Facebook
(@RockfordIllinoisPoliceDepartment) or on Twitter (@RockfordPD). You can also leave an
anonymous tip with Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
The charges are merely accusations and all individuals are considered innocent unless proven
guilty in a court of law.
Shooting investigation in the 3300 block of Searles Avenue.
Small child sustained a life-threatening gunshot wound.
This is very early in the investigation and more details will follow as available.
What possibly may have happened, according to sources:
Sources Are Reporting A Small Child Has Been Shot in Winnebago County
It happened around 5:30 pm near the 3300 block of Searles ave
Details are still minimal right now.
Initial reports are saying a small child has a gunshot wound.
Unknown on the circumstances.
The small child has been transported to a local ER.
Unknown on their condition.
Officials have confirmed they are conducting an investigation,
But have not yet released any details at this time.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Nothing is confirmed, unless it is stated otherwise. We try to confirm as much info as possible, before posting.
But due to the encryption and the lack of police transparency, it is extremely hard to get anything confirmed these days.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below. And you must agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.