AGGRAVATED BATTERY WITH A FIREARM: On Saturday, October 30, 2021, at approximately 2:25
a.m., Rockford Police officers were flagged down by a 24-year-old male shooting victim near the
Rockford Police District 1 on W. State Street. The victim advised that he received a non-life-
threatening gunshot wound at a party on Lakin Terrace. At this same time, a vehicle was seen
leaving that area at a high rate of speed. During the investigation, officers located a gun that was
discarded in the flight path of the vehicle.
Officers conducted a stop on the vehicle as it pulled
into a local hospital to drop off a 24-year-old shooting victim. Occupants of the vehicle, Myesha
Carbins, Delilah McKinney and Kenneth Woods, were taken into custody.
The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office reviewed the facts of the investigation and
authorized the charges listed below.
Myesha Carbins, 23, Rockford Reckless Discharge
Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon
Delilah McKinney, 22, Rockford
Aggravated Assault with a Firearm
Kenneth Woods, 24, Rockford
Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.