Brief synopsis of what may have happened from Rockford Scanner sources:
- Approx. Time: 1:30 pm
- Approx. Location: N Second and River Park
- Type of the possible call: Fire
Sources are reporting a fire in Loves Park.
It happened around 1:30 pm near N Second and River Park.
The original reports said a semi was reported to be on fire.
When I arrived at the scene, I saw the LPFD was on scene and there was no active fire in the semi.
However just above the semi, there was a small contained fire, in a box on the power lines.
I did talk to the semi driver at the scene.
He told me that he takes the route and has never had any issues in the past.
But for some reason today the wires were hanging lower than normal
and he unfortunately got entangled in them today.
The driver was able to safely escape the semi, and tried to put the small fire out with an extinguisher.
But with it being high in the air, was unsuccessful.
The LPFD were assessing the situation and have equipment setup ready to put the fire out, as soon as COMED arrived on scene. The small fire is contained to what appears to be some kind of box on the power lines.
At 2:11 pm, Comed arrived on scene and as soon as they cut the power,
the small fire was quickly extinguished by LPFD.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services. And agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.