Rockford man arrested on a Murder Warrant
plus weapons, ammunition and cocaine recovered in Rockford
ROCKFORD, IL – On Thursday, October 14, 2021, at approximately 10:00 a.m., members of the
Rockford Police Gang Crime Unit and Rockford Police Intel Unit assisted the U.S. Marshals Service
in conducting a warrant check in the 500 block of Royal Avenue for a wanted subject, Von
Johnson Jr., who had an active Murder Warrant out of Madison, Wisconsin.
Von Johnson Jr. was
located within a residence and taken into custody without incident.
After further investigation, Detectives from the Rockford Police Gang Crime Unit and Rockford
Police Narcotics Unit executed a search warrant at the same residence in the 500 block of Royal
Avenue. Inside the residence, officers located and recovered two firearms, several high-capacity
magazines, miscellaneous ammunition and cocaine.
After a review of the facts of this case, the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office
authorized the following charges:
Von Johnson Jr, 26, Rockford
Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon (3 counts)
Possession of Cocaine
The charges are merely accusations and all individuals are considered innocent unless proven
guilty in a court of law.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.