UNLAWFUL USE OF A WEAPON BY A FELON:
On Sunday, October 3, 2021, at approximately 7:45 p.m., Rockford Police SCOPE Officers responded to the area of 500 Ranger Street in response to a two-vehicle traffic crash.
When officers arrived, two occupants exited one of the vehicles and fled on foot.
During the investigation, officers observed a gun with an extended magazine inside that vehicle.
One of the occupants that fled on foot, Darius Pierce-Garcia,
was taken into custody and lodged in the County Jail.
The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office reviewed the facts of the investigation and authorized the charges listed below.
Darius Pierce-Garcia, 20, Rockford
Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon,
Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon,
Unlawful Use of a Weapon by Gang Member,
Possession of Ammunition with no valid FOID,
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.