What’s The Weirdest Thing You Heard,
While Listening To A Police Scanner?
When you listen to the police scanner,
there can be some “very interesting” scanner traffic at times.
If you are like me, you have been listening for years and have many of these stories to tell.
I can only imagine the 1st responders first hand accounts, with some of these calls…
We would love to hear from the local 1st responders (We will keep you anonymous)
Take a few moments, and in the comment section,
please tell us what was the weirdest thing you have heard on the scanner?
All the years I have been listening to a scanner, I have heard some weird stuff at times.
But I think the most memorable one (Probably because Halloween is around the corner, lol) happened several years ago.
The call came across as:
A topless woman that was bloody, and was holding a large knife and was walking in/near the cemetery at the Sunset Funeral home on N Alpine.
Numerous officers surrounded the area very quickly and was searching for her,
and she had simply “vanished” and was nowhere to be found.
Officers searched the area for awhile, but it was unfounded…
I can tell you the call over the scanner was real…
So was there really a topless bloody woman, holding a large knife in/near the cemetery?
Was it a ghost? Was it a prank call? No one will ever know…
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.