As you know I am going back to our roots of
posting police scanner related information.
Several have asked about what antennas
they should get for their police scanners.
I found a great video by the Scanner Guys,
on Youtube that will answer this question!
You can watch the video ~ CLICK HERE
I have made a list of a few that I would recommend
based on online research and reviews .
- REMTronix REM-830B UHF BNC Antenna
- REMTronix REM-800B UHF BNC Antenna
- REMTronix REM-820S UHF SMA Antenna
- Diamond Discone Antenna (N connector)
- Tram 1411 Broad Band Discone/Scanner Base Antenna
- Harvest 25-1300 mhz Coverage Discone Antenna – N Connector
Remember a few things:
- Get an antenna for the band you want to listen too.
- Make sure you have the proper connector type (Bnc, SMA, etc…)
- Diamond discone antennas are probably best, for your general listening locally
- If you have a HOA, reach out to them to make sure you can add an antenna
- Remember “Height is Might” Higher the antenna, the better the reception.
- If your antenna is outside, properly ground it.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.