Skip to content

Rockford Scanner: Dryer Fire In Apartments In Rockford

  • by

Add photo





Around 4:50 pm a 2nd floor dryer reportedly caught on fire in the 1600 block of Myotte Avenue.

All residents evacuated and no injuries are being reported.

The RFD had the fire under control quickly, damage is unknown at this time.

*Remember to clean your dryer lint filter EVERY load you do.

Also, clean your vents! They accumulate lint as well.

And lastly, if you have the “accordion style” ducts, they do need to be replaced because of lint buildup.  If it’s the old plastic style, it’s best to replace it with a rigid metal duct. A flexible metal duct should be your second choice. 😉

Please take a second and hit that SUBSCRIBE button below,
to show your support for Rockford Scanner!

Scroll To Top