Anderson Japanese Gardens is asking for the public’s help in their effort to restore and repair up to $16,100 in damages they sustained from the recent heavy rains and flooding. They are asking for donations to help the cost for repairs as everything is funded through donations as a not-for-profit corporation.
Below is a snippet from their page and a link to go to for donations:
The Garden sustained significant damage as a result of the recent heavy rain events. The creek rose to unprecedented levels and runoff water from neighboring streets rushed through the heart of the Garden.
The results were washed-out pathways, large deposits of sand, stone and debris throughout the Garden, shorted-out electrical systems, the loss of a 160 year old oak tree and two electric guest transportation carts under three feet of water.
What We Need
- Replace two electric guest transportation carts – $10,000
- GFI electrical system replacement – $1,900
- Heavy Equipment & Operator – $2,400
- Professional Tree Service – $2,000
- Material to replace washed-out path network – $1,600
TOTAL NEED = $16,100