Lane closure: Eastside lane in the Northbound lane of traffic near Longwood and Crosby.
Officials are doing sewer repair work. This will begin Tuesday and is expected to last 1 day, weather permitting.
From the WCSO:
🚧 BRIDGE REPAIRS:🚧 The Illinois Department of Transportation announced today that repairs on a bridge carrying Perryville Road over Interstate 39 and U.S. 20 / 51 in Cherry Valley start today. The work will replace a bridge beam on the structure and will require the southbound lane of the bridge to be closed to traffic.
Also, beginning Tuesday, June 22, there will be NIGHTTME lane closures on northbound Interstate 39 between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. to allow for removal and replacement of the bridge beam. Work is expected to be completed by Friday, July 9.
Motorists can expect delays and should allow extra time for trips through this area.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.