Update from Beloit PD:
On Friday, August 20, 2021, at approximately 9:18pm, officers were dispatched to the 1800 block of Fayette in the City of Beloit for a person struck by gun fire.
Upon arrival, officers located a male victim suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. Officers administered first aid to the male victim until Beloit Fire and EMS arrived on scene and transported the male to a local hospital.
Beloit Police Department Detectives are actively investigating this as a homicide.
At 10:57pm, while officers were actively investigating the above homicide, shots fired were reported in the 600 block of Woodward.
Officers arrived on scene and located one female victim suffering from a non-life threatening gunshot wound.
Through our investigation, it is believed these incidents are related.
If anyone has information pertaining to this ongoing investigation, please contact the Beloit Police Department at (608)364-6801 or contact us through Beloit Area Crime Stoppers.
The City of Beloit Police Department offers its condolences to those suffering from these senseless acts of violence.
The City of Beloit Police Department would like to thank all the local jurisdictions for their assistance last night. Because of our ability to work cooperatively with other local jurisdictions we are able to provide the best service possible to those in the Greater Beloit Area.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.