UNLAWFUL USE OF A WEAPON BY A FELON: On Friday, September 10, 2021, at approximately 11:00 p.m., Rockford Police SCOPE officers were in the area of 300 Kent Street (Aragona Nightclub) when a silver sedan was observed fleeing the area at a high rate of speed.
Officers lost sight of the vehicle but continued to check the area and located the vehicle crashed into another vehicle at Lincoln Avenue and S. Main Street.
The three occupants exited the suspect vehicle and were transported to a local hospital for minor injuries sustained in the crash.
The sole occupant of the other vehicle was also transported to a local hospital for minor injuries as well.
During the investigation, officers located and recovered two loaded guns in the suspect vehicle.
The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office reviewed the facts of the case and authorized the charges listed below.
Desjwa Rambus, 28, Rockford
Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon,
Unlawful Use of a Weapon of a Felon
“Since January, Rockford Police officers have located and recovered 300+ guns,” says Chief Carla Redd. “Our officers are working diligently, both day and night, to get these guns off the streets and out of the hands of offenders.” Chief Redd also stated, “As amazing as that number is, it’s also disturbing to think there are even more guns out there. The Rockford Police Department will continue the full-court press on reducing the number of illegal guns in our community
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.