Around 8 pm tonight, the RFD were responding to a structure fire call.
It happened in the 2000 block of Knowlton.
Reports of a freezer on fire in the basement of the residence.
Several units from the RFD are en route.
Around 12:15 pm today, police were chasing a vehicle. During the chase the vehicle crashed.
It happened in the 500 block of N Avon
A vehicle has rolled over and is now on fire.
Unknown if the occupants were able to escape.
Several emergency personnel are en route.
NOTE: Another scene related to this incident, at School and Underwood
UPDATE: Female victim was transported to a local hospital via the helicopter, with life threatening injuries.
Sources are reporting around 6:45 am this morning, several emergency personnel were responding to a head on collision. It happened in the area of Baxter and Lindenwood.
Initial reports are saying there is a head on collision near this intersection.
Extrication is being requested to cut a victim out of a vehicle.
Injuries are being reported. Sources are saying it appears to be serious.
Avoid the area or expect delays. Still developing.
UPDATE: Sounds like a medical helicopter is en route to the scene. Possible garbage truck involved. A female in her 30’s has life threatening injuries and is being transported to a local E.R. via the emergency helicopter.
Around 6:15 PM The Rockford fire department were responding to a fire call on the west side.
A dumpster was on fire near Central Avenue.
The Rockford fire department arrived on scene and confirmed a fire.
While I and seen they came across the alleged suspects. Three black male suspects around seven years old.
They were running from the scene and trying to start a another fire while the Rockford fire department was watching them flee.
They are waiting for the Rockford Police Department. They lost sight of at least one of the alleged suspects.
Last seen near the area of Blake
(AP) – Authorities say 15 people were taken to hospitals after an ammonia leak at a Birds Eye food plant in southeastern Wisconsin.
Multiple agencies responded early Sunday to the plant in the Village of Darien.
Authorities say 140 people were working overnight at the factory when alarms and sensors started going off. Ammonia is used at the facility for the freezing and cooling of food.
A hazardous materials team official says 15 people were taken to five area hospitals. New Jersey-based Pinnacle Foods, which owns Birds Eye, said Sunday night that most have been released, while three people remain under observation.
Seventy-five workers were checked at the scene and released. The Janesville Gazette reports authorities suspect a “mechanical malfunction” led to the leak.
Officials say there is no threat to the community.
Details are minimal right now.
Around 6 am several area fire departments were responding to a 5th alarm MABAS.
There is a HAZMAT situation at a business on Highway X, near Darien Wisconsin.
An ammonia leak at the business.
Local fire departments are responding to assist.
It is near Birds Eye Foods
W8880 Co Rd X, Darien, WI 53114
This is still developing.
LATEST UPDATE: Just after 8 pm on July 27, 2018, a call came out for a house fire showing flames at 11102 Meadowlark Ln in Belvidere, IL. A neighbor who was outside working on her car reported hearing a large explosion, which came from the tires of one of the vehicles exploding due to the heat of the fire. She helped assist getting the family of four out of the house. The fire appears to have started in the garage, spreading to the attic and eventually the rest of the house. A neighboring house also sustained minor siding damage from the heat of the fire. The red cross is helping the family and no injuries are being reported at this time. There is an unconfirmed report that one fireman might have been hurt, but we can’t confirm that at this time. A few crews are still on the scene working hot spots at this time. Fire crews from Capron, Belvidere, District 2, and South Beloit are a few of the departments that responded to the fire.
Shortly after 8 pm tonight several emergency personnel were responding to a house fire in Boone County
It happened in the 11000 block of Whip-Poor-Will Lane. The house is reported to be fully engulfed. All occupants are out.
This is a MABAS box 10, several area fire departments are en route to assist.
UPDATE: 5253 Mccurry rd is the location. American Aluminum. At least one person has been injured. Male victim burned on the arm. Everyone has been evacuated. Rockton was sending an ambulance.
John Stewart “I work here, dude accidentally drilled into a electric wire in the ground I guess
2nd degree burns on arm”
Sources are reporting an explosion in the Roscoe area.
Reports of at least one person burned.
It happened near American Metal Extrusion.
Several emergency personnel are on scene and reports of them evacuating citizens nearby.
No other details at this time.
Around 10 am this morning several emergency personnel were responding to a church that was reported to be on fire.
It happened at an abandoned church near Jefferson and Court.
Several units are en route
Update: Smoke and fire are showing from several sides of the structure. Reported to be an abandoned church. They have upgraded this to a 2nd alarm. They are shutting down the nearby roadways. The fire is on the 2nd floor with extension to the attic space. Still developing
UPDATE: RFD said the fire is under control and is under investigation. Initial reports said 2 homeless people were sleeping inside. RFD did not mention this in their release. So we assume those people were able to make it out.
Just before 4:30 am this morning the Rockford Fire Department were battling a house fire.
It is reported to be a vacant house, but two people were reported to be sleeping inside the house.
It happened in the 1100 block of 8th, on Rockford’s East side.
Unknown on the status of the 2 reported people that were reported to be inside.
We will post updates as they become available.