From the Governor’s Office:
Gov. Pritzker Names 15 Members to the Governor’s Task Force on Forensic Science
Aiming to continue reducing the backlogs at our forensics laboratories and deliver proper justice, Governor JB Pritzker has named 15 members to the Governor’s Task Force on Forensic Science, which he created last August through Executive Order 19-13.
“With over 70,000 forensic assignments each year, the Illinois State Police operates one of the largest lab systems in the nation, and this task force will ensure it operates at its best and truly delivers justice,” said Governor JB Pritzker. “The experienced leaders serving on this task force will take a systematic and proactive approach to further reducing backlogs and support public safety and first responders.”
The group is tasked with analyzing the operations and oversight of critical laboratories, ensuring they use the latest forensic technologies to solve crimes and protect the public, and make recommendations to the legislature and other stakeholders as forensic science continues to evolve.
Chaired by Illinois State Police Director Brendan Kelly, the Governor’s Task Force on Forensic Science will be comprised of the following members:
• Dr. Megan Alderden – Director of Criminology, DePaul University; former Executive Director, Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority
• Dr. Ponni Arunkumar – Chief Medical Examiner, Cook County
• Amy Campanelli – Cook County Public Defender
• Major Jeff Connor – Madison County Chief Deputy Sheriff
• Brendan Deenihan – Deputy Chief of Detectives, Chicago Police Department
• Claire Dragovich – Executive Director, DuPage County Crime Lab
• John Hanlon – Executive Director, Illinois Innocence Project
• Phil Kinsey – Executive Director, Northeastern Illinois Regional Crime Lab
• Judge Heidi Ladd – Circuit Judge, 6th Judicial Circuit (Champaign)
• Holly Lemons – Montgomery County Circuit Clerk, President of the Illinois Association of Court Clerks
• Cathy MacElroy – St. Clair County Public Defender
• Sarah Toney – Managing Partner, Toney Law Firm, LLC
• Carrie Ward – Executive Director, Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault
• Amy Watroba – Assistant State’s Attorney, DuPage County
• Robin Woolery – ISP Assistant Deputy Director, Division of Forensic Services
Their recommendations will be delivered to the Governor and General Assembly by June 1, 2020.
If you have information on this, you can contact us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
We will keep you anonymous.
If you do not want to contact the police directly, you can contact us and we will relay your information to the proper agencies if needed, and keep you anonymous. http://rockfordscanner.com/contact-us/
Disclaimer: As you know the local police have encrypted, have not released any information, etc…
They rarely ever do release information to the public, since encrypting. So do not expect any updates.
The information that is posted was provided to us via various sources. So we can not guarantee the accuracy of this article.
We can only provide you the information that IS provided to us. If police and/or officials do release information, we will try to update this.
If you know of any corrections or errors, please contact us.
This is for entertainment purposes only.