From the RPD:
AGGRAVATED BATTERY WITH A FIREARM:
On Friday, July 16, 2021, at approximately 8:25 p.m., Rockford Police officers responded to a local hospital for a report of a gunshot victim with one life-threatening gunshot wound to his abdomen.
The victim, a 20-year-old male underwent surgery and is in serious, but stable, condition.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.