Welcome to Rockford Scanner’s FAQ page. Below you will find some answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- What is Rockford Scanner? Rockford Scanner is the areas leading news website. We bring you news, events, plus much more
- Who runs Rockford Scanner? Rickie Traeger and several volunteers.
- How do I submit a tip? Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- Can I follow you on social media? Yes, click the following links to follow us on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube
- Why do I not see a scene on your website? Due to the police encryption these days, we rely heavily on fan reporting scenes to us. If we do not have it posted, usually means we are unaware of the scene. Please contact us and let us know!
- Rockford Scanner have a Trademark? Yes, we are officially trademarked! You can find it in the trademark database
- Legal to listen to a police scanner? Yes, It is legal to listen to a police scanner. It is however illegal to listen to a police scanner while committing a crime.
- How do I volunteer for Rockford Scanner? We are currently seeking volunteers for the following: Scanner listeners, photographers, article writers. If you are interested, email us!
- Photographing police, is it legal? Yes, it is legal to photograph police and scenes. If you do, keep in mind a few things. Stay on public property, do not get close to the 1st responders, do not interfere with the 1st responders, etc… An officer has to have a warrant to seize your equipment. You do not have to delete your content. More information on the ACLU website and at https://youtu.be/hFZmrE7SVGg