Happy 4th of July!
Today is one of my favorite days of the year!
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful 4th of July!
Send us your 4th off July celebration or firework videos, to RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
It is going to be a beautiful day out there, High of 90 degrees. There is a slight chance of storms between 3pm and 6 pm. But that should not effect the fireworks displays.
I plan on attending the Downtown or Shorewood Park fire works. I have yet to make up my mind. Both are good. So if you see me, feel free to stop and say hi! 🙂
I will probably be streaming LIVE, the fireworks display on our Facebook page at Rockford Scanner Facebook Page
If you fly your quad-copter (AKA: Drones) I would love to see those videos!
Note: Just be sure to call the RFD tower to request flight clearance if you are within 5 miles of the airport. They do grant clearance all the time to quad-copter pilots.
The RFD tower number is: 815-484-5312
Remember, if you are lighting off fireworks, the police plan on cracking down on that again this year. So do so at your own discretion.
I hate to be the Debbie Downer and tell you that, because I love fireworks. But the law is the law.
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful 4th of July! ~ Rickie Traeger
(WIFR) – The Fourth of July means family time, cookouts and most notably, fireworks.
Here is a list of fireworks happening around the stateline. All shows are on the Fourth of July unless otherwise noted. Some events may come with a fee.
– Rockford at Davis Park, 211 N. Main Street.
– ComEd Independence Day Spectacular at the Starlight Theatre, 3301 N. Mulford Road. The show starts at 8 p.m. on July 3. Purchase tickets by clicking here or call 815-921-2160.
– Fireworks Extravaganza at Rockford Speedway, 1601 West Lane Road. The show starts at 7:05 p.m. on July 4. Purchase tickets by clicking here or call 815-633-1500.
– Cherry Valley at Baumann Park
– DeKalb at Hopkins Park, 1403 Sycamore Road
– Freeport at Stephenson County Fairgrounds, 2250 S. Walnut Road on July 7
– Kirkland at Hiawatha High School, 410 First Street
– Winnebago at Winnebago High School, 200 E. McNair Road
– Mount Morris at David L. Rahn Jr. High School, 105 W. Brayton Road
– Byron at the Byron Dragway, 7287 River Road
– Dixon at the Petunia Festival in downtown Dixon
– Janesville at Traxler Park
– Beloit at Riverside Park, 1340 Riverside Drive
– Sharon, Wis. at Goodland Park
– Stockton at Stockton Memorial Park on Highway 20
If you are not able to attend the fireworks tonight, our good friends at WTVO is also going to be doing their thing on TV.