From the RPD:
AGGRAVATED BATTERY WITH A FIREARM:
On Saturday, July 17, 2021, at approximately 11:50 p.m.,
Rockford Police officers responded to the 2900 block of Carol Place for reports of shots
Upon arrival, officers located two victims, a 56-year-old male and a 9-year-old male, who
sustained non-life-threatening gunshot wounds to their legs.
They were transported to a local hospital for treatment of their injuries.
Witnesses advised that as an adult female, the juvenile, and the other victim were standing outside of her parked vehicle, an unknown suspect fired shots at them.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.