Email us your flooding photos and videos to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
Update: They have opened up the Fordam Dam in Rockford. It has been wide open for the last 48 hours.
Forecast flooding Changed from Moderate to Major severity for the
following rivers in Illinois…
Pecatonica River near Shirland affecting Winnebago County
Rock River at Latham Park affecting Winnebago County
The following forecasts are based on observed precipitation as well
as forecast precipitation 24-48 hours into the future.
Safety message…If you encounter a flooded roadway…turn around and
find an alternate route.
Additional information can be found at weather.gov/chicago.
1054 AM CDT Thu Mar 14 2019
…Forecast flooding increased from Moderate to Major severity…
The Flood Warning continues for
The Pecatonica River near Shirland, or from Winnebago County line
downstream to confluence with the Rock River.
* until further notice.
* At 1000 AM Thursday the stage was 14.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Major flooding is forecast.
* Forecast…The river will continue rising to around 15.5 feet by
early Sunday morning then begin falling.
* Impact…At 15.7 feet…The Shirland Harrison road floods
Photos by the WCSO & Monique Delph