Woman Charged with Attempt Murder of a Police Officer
Offender: Emily Petronella, 19
2700 block of Potomac, Chicago IL
– One felony count of Attempt-Murder-First Degree
– One felony count of Aggravated Assault-Peace Officer/Weapon
– One felony count of Armed Violence/Discharge Weapon
– One felony count of Aggravated Discharge Firearm-PO/Fireman
– One felony count of Cannabis-Manufacture/Deliver-5000+grams
– One misdemeanor count of Violation Bail Bond
Court: Central Bond Court, 2600 South California Ave. – March 10, 2019
Narrative: Petronella was arrested on March 9, 2019 at approximately 7:25p.m. in the 2700 block of W. Potomac after officers of the 25th District tactical team were serving a search warrant at above location. The offender knowingly and intentionally discharged a firearm through a door striking a police officer and placed other officers on scene in fear of receiving a battery. During the search of the residence, officers recovered a large amount of cannabis, a semi-automatic pistol and large bundles of United States Currency. Offender was placed into custody and charged accordingly. No further information is available at this time
Sources are reporting another officer has been shot in Illinois while serving a warrant.
It happened this evening in the area of the Humboldt Park neighborhood on the city’s West Side (Chicago)
It happened in the 2700 block of West Potomac Avenue while the officer was executing a warrant, according to a 7:53 p.m. tweet by CPD
CPD Supt. Eddie Johnson is headed to Stroger Hospital.