Email your tips and photo to us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
NEW: Check Rockford Scanner out on Patreon at
CLICK HERE TO VISIT US ON Patreon
WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST TUESDAY NIGHT
* WHAT…Heavy mixed precipitation. Total snow accumulations of 4
to 8 inches and ice accumulations up to a tenth of an inch.
Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE…Winnebago and Boone Counties.
* WHEN…Until midnight CST Tuesday night.
* IMPACTS…Strong westerly winds are expected to develop
Tuesday afternoon and continue Tuesday night. These strong
winds may result in blowing snow and may also increase the
threat of power outages, especially for areas that do see ice
accumulations tonight and Tuesday morning.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Plan on snow covered roads. The hazardous
conditions will impact the morning or evening commute.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet
and ice will make travel very hazardous or impossible.