HRFD: Harlem-Roscoe Firefighters responded to Chandan Blvd. in Machesney Park for a fully involved garage fire at 3:12 pm today (Oct. 16). The fire had traveled to the neighbor’s house as well. Firefighters, with the help of responding MABAS crews made a great stop and extinguished the fire. The fire is believed to have started in the area by the dryer. The State Fire Marshal was dispatched to the scene and is investigating the fire. The residents and the neighbors are being assisted by the Red Cross. A resident was home at the time of the fire but was able to get out with the family pets. More info and photos will be posted on the department website tomorrow. Photos by HRFD Photographers Sheryl Drost and McKenna Donovan
George Bower: AROUND 3PM HARLEM ROSCOE WAS DISPATCHED FOR A STRUCTURE FIRE ON CHANDAN BLVD. UNITS AT BURDEN RD AND 173 NOTIFIED DISPATCH TO PULL A MABAS CAUSE HEAVY SMOKE WAS SHOWING. THE BOX WAS PULLED AND SEVERAL FIRE DEPTS. CAME TO HELP. BOX WAS STRUCK AT 434PM. HEAVY DAMAGE TO HOUSE ON FIRE AND DAMAGE TO NEIGHBORS HOUSE.