Rockford Scanner® is the area’s leading news site.
We bring you breaking news, events, Etc…
Be sure to bookmark our site and visit often.
Around 4 am this morning, several emergency personnel were dispatched for a house fire in the Roscoe area. It happened in the area of 7382 Grace Drive near Roscoe.
Scanner traffic is saying there is a house fire near this location. The chimney is on fire at the residence. They are evacuating. No reports of injuries at the time of writing this. Still developing, check back later for updates.
UPDATE: They have upgraded this to a Box 12 to the box level, so area fire departments can help assist with the house fire.
UPDATE: They have upgraded this to the Box 12 to the 2nd alarm
Update from the HRFD: Harlem-Roscoe Firefighters save a 2-story home on Grace Dr. around 4am this morning after fire breaks out in the chimney. Firefighters stopped the fire in the chimney chase and roof area, keeping the fire from traveling into the home. More photos will be posted on our website shortly. Photographer Sheryl Drost
Note: Be sure to clean your chimneys out. The National Fire Protection Association says, “Chimneys, fireplaces, and vents shall be inspected at least once a year for soundness, freedom from deposits, and correct clearances. Cleaning, maintenance, and repairs shall be done if necessary.”
We are currently seeking volunteers. If you are interested, please visit CLICK HERE